QUALIFYING FOR FREE ADMISSION:
(1) You must submit a game before June 15, 2018.
(2) It must be approved and published by Convention Staff after the submission is evaluated for meeting our criteria. (As part of the process, and based on other submissions throughout the submission period, Staff may need to ask you to move the time of your game, or make changes to its location or whatever else is needed for the benefit of the community and convention, even after an event is given approval.)
(3) You need to run a minimum of eight hours of games or twelve hours for organized play programs. (For non-collectible miniatures games with extensive setups, up to one hour of your load-in and setup combined count as part of your eight hour commitment.) (Note: There are some smaller and shorter games that are more suitable for Open Gaming then they are for Scheduled Play. Try to make sure your commitment includes at least 32 player hours of games AND be at least eight hours (multiply avg. number of players times hours GMing) otherwise your submission will unlikely qualify towards earning a GM badge.)
(4) You must be willing and capable of teaching the game to new players. For board games, you must be willing to oversee multiple boards of the same game, to the extent that games and table space is available to play.
(5) You must be able to supply the basic materials (game, dice, photocopies, etc.) for your game.
(6) You must be at least 18 years of age.
(7) You must submit a valid, verifiable email address, and legal name to the convention. Photo ID is required to pickup your GM packet at the convention.
(8) Your submission MUST include a valid phone number we can reach you at during the convention. This is to be provided during the submission process.
>EVENT ORGANIZER’S AGREEMENT:
By submitting your events to ConQuest Avalon, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You will begin and end your events at the time specified. (If your game runs short or is cancelled, you may be asked to make up the time helping to volunteer at the show.)
(2) You will allow only attendees with the appropriate badge to participate in your events. (The unbadged attendee will be booted from the show, and the GM will risk losing their GM badge as well.)
(3) You will not move your events from their scheduled locations or occupy more space than allocated without the approval of ConQuest Avalon staff.
(4) You understand that running events at ConQuest Avalon does not make you an employee of ConQuest Avalon, or any Exhibitor.
Volunteers are needed to work many areas of the show. Working at least eight hours in one, or a combination, of these areas earns you a free admission for the entire convention. Contact Jackie to register as a volunteer. conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com.
REGISTRATION & REIMBURSEMENT:
GMs and Volunteers are not required to pay for their badge in advance. (See the above rules on how to qualify for your badge by GMing or Volunteering.) If you have already paid for your badge, and you later have a game you submitted (before June 15, 2018) and then approved, you must notify us and request a reimbursement no later than thirty days before the show date (June 20, 2018). Reimbursement will be offered in the form of a ticket for a future convention, or a current convention t-shirt.
NO REIMBURSEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN ONSITE OR AFTER THE SHOW.
Please send pre-show reimbursement requests to Jackie at:
conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com
LOSS OF VOLUNTEER/GM STATUS:
Loss of status may occur, at our discretion, if any of the following occur:
1) Missing volunteer assignments without notice and/or valid excuse.
2) Legally lose the ability to work with or around children unsupervised.
3) Conduct unbecoming of a representative of the organization. This includes on-site and pre-show activities.
If you have any questions about being a GM write the Program Manager at: events at conquestsac dot com
If you would like to volunteer in registration, logistics, or convention services, please write Jackie at: conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com